Thursday, June 30, 2005

Almost there...

3 papers down and one more to go. The exams are a pain in the neck in more than one way. I had to forego a trip to Canberra for a Presidents' VSU Summit which was scheduled for the week prior to my Applied Pharmacotherapeutics paper. I also had to miss the NUS Education Conference in Perth which is going on as I am typing this. What a shame. Oh well, once my final paper is over this Saturday I will be flying straight off to Newcastle via Sydney for the NLC Annual Conference.

It's been a rather happy week for me. I received a letter from the Malaysian Consulate in Sydney formally congratulating me on my election as President of the Students Association (see left).

Also, the Vice-Chancellor of my university recently received an invitation to send delegates from the uni to a conference in Canberra to be held in September. The uni was willing to pay travel costs but not the registration fees ($750). They asked each division to submit nominees. I decided to try asking the PVC of my division if she would be willing to nominate me as a delegate. Just received her reply today confirming she is willing to cover the $750! I'll just need to prepare a report upon conclusion of the conference.
Alright, wasted enough time. Need to get back to studying (and packing)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home