New Study Period...
The holidays passed like a breeze! Today was the first day back to uni for us. Everyone at our uni is still coming to grips with the change of terminology from Semester 2 to Study Period 5. Why on earth did they have to change something that was so simple?! Two semesters in a year labelled 1 and 2. Now it's 2 Study Periods a year labelled 2 and 5 for most students. Someone up there in the bureaucracy is really getting paid too much to come up with this rubbish.
Didn't do very well in uni today. Was dozing off for each lecture. I've found that nowadays I have very low stamina when it comes to lectures and meetings. I tend to start nodding off midway through. Not too good for my reputation since most of my lecturers know me! Most of the remainder of my holidays were sadly spent in office. Had quite a bit of work to catch up on. I promised myself that I would clean up my room and office during the holidays but in the end, didn't get around to doing it. Both are a total mess and I don't feel comfortable living in a heap of trash but well, really can't find the time and strength to just sit down and do some spring cleaning.
It happens to be my brother's birthday today. Happy birthday! My dad's birthday was last week. The guys in my family have our birthdays one week apart by some strange coincidence (or not). Gets stale by the time it reaches my birthday because at home we end up virtually going out 3 weeks in a row for a birthday dinner.
The clock is ticking ever nearer to the Senate sitting. VSU is just on the horizon but everyone seems to be quiet recently. The calm before the storm perhaps? Our Association sent out VSU information packs to every Senator on my behalf. I have so far received three letters of reply; two from Labor Senators and one from a Liberal. Those of you in the political loop would be able to easily guess the contents. Let me give you a hint: one pro and 2 anti. Just a matter of guessing which one is which. Haha!
Well, uni starts at 9am tomorrow so I should get to bed now. Not before making one final post to the REAL NLC though!
Didn't do very well in uni today. Was dozing off for each lecture. I've found that nowadays I have very low stamina when it comes to lectures and meetings. I tend to start nodding off midway through. Not too good for my reputation since most of my lecturers know me! Most of the remainder of my holidays were sadly spent in office. Had quite a bit of work to catch up on. I promised myself that I would clean up my room and office during the holidays but in the end, didn't get around to doing it. Both are a total mess and I don't feel comfortable living in a heap of trash but well, really can't find the time and strength to just sit down and do some spring cleaning.
It happens to be my brother's birthday today. Happy birthday! My dad's birthday was last week. The guys in my family have our birthdays one week apart by some strange coincidence (or not). Gets stale by the time it reaches my birthday because at home we end up virtually going out 3 weeks in a row for a birthday dinner.
The clock is ticking ever nearer to the Senate sitting. VSU is just on the horizon but everyone seems to be quiet recently. The calm before the storm perhaps? Our Association sent out VSU information packs to every Senator on my behalf. I have so far received three letters of reply; two from Labor Senators and one from a Liberal. Those of you in the political loop would be able to easily guess the contents. Let me give you a hint: one pro and 2 anti. Just a matter of guessing which one is which. Haha!
Well, uni starts at 9am tomorrow so I should get to bed now. Not before making one final post to the REAL NLC though!








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home