Friday, December 02, 2005

The circus begins...

I'm leaving for Melbourne first thing in the morning. Perhaps a little too early. I can't imagine how I managed to get myself into a 6.05am flight. Utter and complete madness! Oh well, I have been looking forward to this. I think I'll need some shut-eye once I reach the accomodation. Then it's down to "work"; if at all politics is considered work. The WA gang is reaching at night from what I understand. Well, as soon as I get the chance I'm heading down to QV to drown myself in Max Brenner's. It's been a while. Can't get enough of the place. Hope my kidneys don't fail me! I'll be in Melbourne until Tuesday, whereupon we'll all be taking the bus down to Ballarat for the NUS National Conference. The way things have been developing, things should look pretty interesting. Not to mention fun. We're getting 10 of us from SA down there which should be a record for us. We seem to be getting a strong turnout for most conferences now with our strength at UniSA. I mean, we had 13 from UniSA attending the NLC Annual Conference. Strength in numbers I say (though Tiffy still thinks it's abusing student fees)! Well, if it was not us it would be one of the other factions. Besides, this will probably be our one and only chance to actually dominate so we'll strike while the iron is hot now shall we?
I probably won't get much of a chance to blog over in Melbourne/Ballarat but I'll see what I can do. I usually lose the mood to blog in these conferences. Anyways, I know this is a short entry but I need to finish up my packing if I want to stand any chance of getting a decent amount of sleep before the flight. Wish me bon voyage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home