Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas...!

Ok, so I went with a pretty ordinary heading for such a joyous day. What a tiring day! Had my (usually) annual Christmas gathering with friends at my place. Since I didn't have most of my friends' contacts, I could only invite a few by phone and hope they would bring others along (I contacted the rest via e-mail). I think I ended up with only about 6 of my friends coming. My brother had many more which was expected. It went pretty well. Managed to catch up with a friend I haven't seen in ages and also reminisced the past with the others. Life seems to be going pretty well for most people. Others I have lost contact with over the years. I wonder how they are doing?
It's funny how Christmas is looked forward to every year but then it comes and you busy yourself with preparations to the extent that the Christmas spirit doesn't sink in. By the time it does, Christmas passes and you start longing for the next one. Nevertheless, it is a period of great joy. Meeting old friends, going for midnight mass, receiving presents... All in the true spirit of Christmas!
Ok, I must admit that this post isn't going anywhere. I just felt the need to post; it being Christmas and all. Rather than rambling on, I'll just conclude with a simple, yet meaningful phrase. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home