Monday, January 02, 2006

Omega and Alpha...

What a year it's been! Yes, I know the title should be the other way around. But since a year ends before another begins, this one is more apt. It's past very quickly this year. Yet, so much has occured that when I look back, I marvel at the way so many intertwining things came together to make a fascinating year. Let's have a rundown of some highlights of the year:
  • Made quite a number of new friends
  • Travelled to Victoria, New South Wales and Canberra
  • Experienced the many joys of Max Brenner's chocolate in Melbourne and Sydney while at the same time discovering the Chocolate Bean in Adelaide
  • Watched the NLC degrade into a game of appalling numbers and ignorance
  • Strengthened my faction, ONE and won a second consecutive election with amazing ease and a monstrous margin, leading to my re-election as President of the Students Association and winning a majority on Council
  • Obtained the NUS SA State Presidency for a colleague
  • Enjoyed a comfortable year as President
  • Watched the Federal Government utilise their majority in the Senate to finally introduce VSU
  • Watched the NUS fail yet again
  • Seen friendships used for the sake of political and ideological purposes
  • Did well in studies considering I was President at the same time requiring a lot of effort
  • Observed the election of a new Pope
  • Started blogging
  • Came back to Malaysia after 2 years
  • Watched Chelsea win their first English Premiership after 50 years and on course for a second in a row
  • Read fantastic books including the Da Vinci Code, Life of Pi and the final books in the Left Behind series
  • All in all, a wonderful year

Ok, so I can't possibly note down everything that happened. Nevertheless, these come to mind as I reminisce of the past year. Can this year ahead bring more wonders and joy? Surely it can! It just depends on the way you look at things. Is the glass half empty or half full?

There's much to look forward to. It's my final year as well. It's also a World Cup year! How I miss those times I used to sit in front of the TV the whole day and watch as many matches as I could before I dozed off. opefully I'll get a chance to go to WA for the NLC Annual Conference as well.

Isn't it fun imagining the possibilities of a new year? It's like opening a new book and reading the first chapter. What lies ahead? The days pass by like pages turning. The last book I read was very good. Hopefully this new one is a best seller! Happy New Year 2006!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home