Back from the island...
Phew, what a tiring journey! My family and I left for Penang last Friday to visit my grandfather. He's about 91 years old now I think. Anyways, we drove down and stayed at the Vistana which is quite near my grandfather's place. We spent the first day in Sunshine shopping and then went for dinner at my grandfather's favourite restaurant. He's very healthy for his age. His only major ailment is a problem with pain in his leg which gives him difficulty when walking. I checked his medications and saw that most of them were painkillers. Aside from that, he's pretty much looking good for his age. He's always so happy to see us.
The next day we went to Perangin Mall to buy DVDs. After that we found that there was a Bodyglove clearance sale outside GAMA and bought quite a few shirts. Then it was church and dinner with one of dad's friends. We headed down to Batu Ferringhi after dinner to get my football jerseys and shop for other stuff.
This morning we took my grandfather for dim sum before saying our final goodbyes and taking some pics. The main purpose of our trip was to see my grandfather. Nevertheless we managed to get quite a good deal on clothes and other stuff at the same time. All in all, the trip was very worth it in more ways than one.
I drove most of the way home so I'm dead tired. Oh well, I may not be back here for quite some time and I hope grandpa stays well and I get more chances to meet him when I come home again.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home