Life's a beach...
Yesterday, I went to the beach again. I went last Monday because it was a holiday. I went yesterday because a couple of my friends simply had nothing better to do. We just went and came back on one bus ticket (i.e. within 2 hours). No particular reason for going. Just took the opportunity to enjoy life. Managed to catch the sunset as well. It's always good to take a break from my hectic life. It's sort of like pausing for a recharge. Nothing better than to stop and smell the roses. Or listen to the waves in this instanceI spent the rest of yesterday tidying up my CV. I just can't reduce it to two pages. There are too many things that I feel are vital. It looks good though. I've covered almost every aspect possible. Academic, extra-curricular and even sports. I'll need to start using it soon so it was good to finally finish it up. I mean, I had it ready before but there were gaps etc. Now it's perfect and complete with a referee each for my academia and for my work.
Went for a careers expo organised by my uni at the convention centre. I went only because I was told by some of my postgraduate colleagues that there would be a lot of companies there and that there was the possibility of job offers. I thought it wouldn't do harm so I went. It was disappointing though because there weren't any pharmaceutical companies. Nevertheless I made the most out of the situation by picking up loads of freebies along the way! One of the things I took was a yellow Optus grocey bag. Yellow isn't one of my favourite colours but I've started to grow attached to it since it became the colour that is synonymous with my political faction. I did get some advice though from one of the uni staff members I know. She was saying that my experience in my role as President of the Students Association would have given me skills in policy development and things like that which would suit well in the public sector or with the government. It's always an option. However, my main priority is to get registered once I graduate. Then what I do next can depend on what I'm interested in.
Had a counselling test today. It's funny. We've been having these sorts of tests throughout our degree. Yet, everyone gets so nervous preparing for them. Surely you'd expect us to be confident now more than ever before? I never take too much time preparing for these as the main hurdle is being able to speak. I can do that. The only issue is always forgetting what to ask or say at the crunch time. Oh well, at least I'm almost done and over with these tests.
I forgot to mention that the book I requested from my uni library on another campus arrived in my campus yesterday as well. It's The Divine Comedy by Dante. I was hoping for the complete collection but realised that the book I had was only the Inferno. A story of Dante's trip through hell. A piece of literature that has proved invaluable in shaping certain teachings about hell. I can't wait to finish reading it. Then I can proceed with his other two masterpiece works; Purgatorio and Paradiso. I'm sure you don't need to understand the language to be able to discern what those 2 books are about.
There's still a lot of things for me to do. Added to that, exams are about 3 weeks away. My principle is to just take things one step at a time. At least that way, I'm getting things done but am still able to enjoy life along the way!








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home