Saturday, March 11, 2006

Scorcher...

It's supposed to be entering autumn. Yet, the heat today supposedly tops at 37 degrees. Can't really do anything in this heat. The only thing I did today so far was meet up with some colleagues to get back on track with certain work-related issues. Hopefully things turn out well. I have more than enough business to deal with.

You'll probably notice the emergence of a few new links in my sidebar. Don't get me wrong; it isn't a lame attempt at corporatising my blog. Those are just links to websites I visit most frequently. Just thought I'd share it with some of my readers if they were interested.

The vertically long banner is a link to Adventure Quest; an online RPG that I play in my free time. It's not much. You can't compare it to any MMORPG games. It's just meant to be a lunch-break type game.

Google and Friendster need no introduction. I'm a big fan of Google. Not only the web search engine but also Google Images, Google Video and Google Scholar. All have proved invaluable at different points in time.

Newgrounds is basically a Flash portal. All its content is contributed by people. Content ranges from Flash movies, games and even audio bits. A wide-array of talent is available and some are even comparable to mainstream videos. There are some great Flash series that can be followed. Since people contribute, you will find that there is new content every time you go to the page, even if you go multiple times in one day.

ESPN Soccernet is basically just a football website. It's my main source of football updates as I follow Chelsea's blazing run through the English Premier League this season. It features Live Gamecasts of matches when they are played. Of course, you don't get to watch the match itself. Nevertheless, you still get updates on the goals, cards and other action.

My dear favourite Wikipedia. Where would I be without you? As the name suggests, Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia. It's not just some ordinary encyclopedia though. Wikipedia is built by people. Anyone can add or edit content on the site. For example, I contributed to a page on the Students Association in my uni. You can also find info on absolutely anything on the site. A great way to fill out your free time. I usually try to think of something I wonder about. Then look for it in Wikipedia. I was able to update myself on the progress of certain Marvel comic characters such as Wolverine. Since I don't buy comics, this was a great way to answer the many questions I had. I also managed to study on history including the Crusades; things we weren't taught about in school. You can also find current affairs such as the recent Tammy NYP sex video scandal in Singapore. Obviously due to the nature of the site in which anyone can edit it; it is prone to abuse. Not to worry though. There are many mechanisms in place to prevent abuse. Suffice to say, I can spend hours diving in the sea of information contained in Wikipedia.

Well, that's the rundown of the links I've stuffed in my sidebar. If I find myself addicted to any other page I'll slot it in. Hope you enjoy these sites as much as I do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home