Friday, February 10, 2006

Ethical...?

Phew... Finally done with the week. Got a reply to the e-mail I sent to the University yesterday with regards to VSU. As usual, a very succinct reply. I hate having classes on Fridays. Many people do. Forget that though.

Today I had my first Ethics in Pharmacy tute. While I can't say much about the group itself; I was very happy with the way the tutes were meant to develop. Finally we get a subject that actually requires thinking and building arguments! We had a bit of a chat about RU486 and I just argued the pro-life case since none of the others seemed to be able to. We also had a discussion about the what makes a person satisfied in his/her job as a pharmacist. That led to a discussion about intrinsic and extrinsic motives. I argued the case that there is no way to actually define them since what I may see as an intrinsic or extrinsic motive may be different to how another person sees it or even exactly the opposite. It's fun to study a subject where most of the answers are a big gray rather than a mere right or wrong. I think I'm really going to have fun debating in this subject. Reminds me of how everyone in my college English as a Second Language class hated me because I used to question all their case studies and everyone was usually unable to answer. The clashing of minds and the variety of topics we will be discussing just makes my mouth water.

I've done quite a bit this week. Mostly work. It's very tiring. Yet, I have a feeling of self-satisfaction. Let's hope this passion for the job within me continues burning for the rest of the year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home