Saturday, January 14, 2006

All worked out...

I've spent the whole of the week working in a pharmacy near my house. I worked there two years before as well. Nothing much has changed since I last worked there. There's another new permanent worker now. When I went back there last week the Pharmacist had two students working with her. I took over when one left two days later. My hours were from 12.30pm till 9pm. It was quite taxing for the first couple of days but I soon got used to it. Working there was very much easier this time around. The amount of knowledge I gained last year in my course allowed me an understanding of most of the drugs in the pharmacy. I was more comfortable with giving advice and dispensing products. Come to think of it, I started to actually enjoy the last few days. The locums who worked in place of the owner when she finished her shift or took a holiday were very nice as well. All 3 of them were pharmacists working in different areas. I especially liked the male pharmacist as we talked for a long time about my job as President of the Students Association in my uni as well as politics in Malaysia and politics in general.
All of the pharmacists agree that I should work in Australia after I graduate. It is a waste to come home and work for 3 years with the incompetent government. To be honest, I see the implementation of this 3-year policy as a real kick in the teeth to people in my situation. My parents spent so much money out of their own pockets to fund my studies in Australia. The government did not give us a single cent in assistance. Yet now they expect to reap the benefits of my parents' investment by forcing me to work with them for 3 years in order to register as a pharmacist. What utter contempt! This government is really a bunch of fucked up idiots. When they encounter a problem, the first thing they do is try the most obvious remedy without thinking of the consequences. Well, it's not mainly the government, but the type of people the government consists of in general. It's just like the whole crisis with MAS. They find that they are running losses. So what do they do? Increase all the fares! What an utterly stupid and asinine course of action! Words can't describe how majestically idiotic their management is! Real proper management would look at reducing costs and increasing productivity. No, these people can't think! They are just dumbasses who think they are so smart just because certain "special" priviledges are awarded upon them for who they are. Leadership isn't a right given at birth. It is something that needs to be developed and nurtured. As it is, most pharmacy students who have been sponsored by their parents are now seriously considering not returning back to this fucked up country.
How then do we deal with the pharmacist shortage? Fair enough, have the mandatory 3 years. However, this should only apply to those on government scholarships and possibly those studying locally. Give pharmacists sole dispensing rights while you are at it. They've said it would be coming for more than 10 years. Yet, in my opinion it will never come in the near future because at the moment, someone is getting their pockets filled.
The main reason for the major screw up with my country is corruption. As much as "special" rights for certain people are a cause, corruption is the major scourge. Things carry on the way they do because those in positions of authority turn a blind eye and open their pockets wide. It's so easy to get your way in this country. Just make sure you have enough cash in hand. Even those who are supposed to combat corruption are corrupt! Corruption is like the fat that clogs up your arteries. As it builds up, it continually chokes the life out of your blood vessels. Unless the fat is removed, the being will never be able to function in optimal condition. This country will never go forward as long as the 2 issues I mentioned above are not removed.
This is not to say that other countries don't have their faults. Of course they do! No country is perfect. Yet, despite their imperfections, countries like the one I am studying in move forward. They give everyone a fair go. Not just those born under a certain category. Equal opportunity is given to each person; regardless of race, creed or gender (though this can always be debated). I don't despise my country. Just the people running it.
So many things I've read in the paper boil my blood. One was the issue of the Prime Minister saying he wanted to have "towering Malaysians". So what do these idiots do? They come up with the bright *cough* idea of draping the Pyramids of Giza with the flag of our country and all the other Muslim countries in the world. I almost burst out with laughter at their stupidity. It was so pleasing to see the Egptian authorities reject the proposal and tell the dumbasses to bring their propaganda elsewhere. It just shows what jokers we have that run our country.
I'd better stop my attacks on the government here. Wouldn't want them jailing me for freedom of speech now would I? There is no freedom in this country. No democracy. What more can be said when the Senate consists of people appointed by the government rather than being elected? A total waste of resources and a mockery of the democratic system. This country has gone to the dogs. Is there any way to save it? Who knows? Maybe one day. But I wouldn't count on it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home