Monday, January 16, 2006

Blurry...

Ok, I wanted to make a post with my views on the recent passing of the Family Law bill in the Senate. However, I figured two consecutive posts criticising this shameful government wouldn't be too appealing to my readers who are not into politics. I may probably dwell on the issue later. For now, my message to the female Senators who spoke against but voted in favour of the bill under "strong protest" is that the only way to voice real protest over an issue is to vote against it. Your fear over your own career caused you to forsake your personal beliefs and tow the party line. I wonder how you manage to hold your head up when you confront the public.
Back to the topic. I went to the eye specialist today. Looks like my power shot up by about 100 in each eye over a period of about a month! The eye specialist said that I should keep an eye on it. If it keeps increasing consistently then I may have to lay off contacts as it may be damaging my cornea. Oh well... They dilated my eyes when they checked my power a second time to make sure the first was correct. I'm not sure how many have had their eyes dilated before. Obviously, the pupils enlarge. The problem is, your vision becomes blurry and you become sensitive to light (since under normal circumstances your pupils dilate in conditions of low light. That's why your eyes feel pain if you move from a dark room you've been in for quite some time into the light). I became medium-sighted. I couldn't read in front of me because my near vision was blurry. I couldn't see in the distance as my long vision was blurry. Put it plainly, I could hardly see. When I left the place, my eyes were killing me as the sun was very bright. Good thing my dad came along to have his eyes checked as well since those who get their eyes dilated can't drive.
The thing that is most frustrating is being unable to see. You lose your ability to do the things you most enjoy doing. As it is, the dilation should be wearing off but things still seem a little blurry.
We went out for dinner tonight. As we were walking along some shops to go back to the car, I happened to be walking while looking into a shop. Guess what? I stepped on a dog! It was just lying there and I didn't notice since I was looking into the shop. My first reaction when stepping on the soft thing was to jerk back and look down. At first glance it looked like a tiger because of its colour. But in a flash, it dashed out of the way and went to lie down somewhere else. I was amazed that it didn't make a sound or try to bite me. It was quite embarassing and further brought ridicule to my eyesight from my family. It's not my fault the dog was lying there! Dogs should know better not to lie down on the pathway. Surely it has been stepped on before or it would have made some noise. I didn't bother checking if it was hurt. My pride was hurt much deeper.
I just finished reading the book To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. The story follows the life of two siblings as they grow up and learn more about their town and discover the prejudice and stereotypes that are established as well as understand more about human nature. It's a really good read and well deserving of its Pulitzer Prize. I recommend this book to those who like exploring human behaviour. You're sure to find it in any bookshop or library.
Alright, I'd better let my eyes get some rest now. It's been bugging me all day. Hopefully tomorrow is a much clearer day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home