Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Coming together...

My past week and a little more have been spent basically doing nothing. I've been spending most of my days reading (A Passage to India by E.M. Forster), watching TV (mainly football), going online and playing video games. Nothing much of a life huh? Well, that's what holidays are about anyways. Relaxing for a change. Though it's unproductive, it gives me a good chance to catch up on some sleep; something I don't get much of throughout the year.

Despite this, a number of things helped break the monotony of my days recently. On Monday, I took down the Christmas tree. Nothing special. I'm always so excited when I put it up that I get lazy when it comes the time to take it down. I've never really stood back to absorb the image of our tree. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I put up the tree by myself. Have a look and see if you'd like. Doesn't bother me.

On Sunday, I had to deal with the painful task of removing a virus from our home desktop. I never have problems with them on my laptop. I guess because my parents also use the desktop at home. Still, I've had to really bulk up the defences on this one. Hopefully nothing terrible happens when I'm gone. They'll have to learn sooner or later.

I went out for dinner with my family and the families of two of my close friends earlier today (or yesterday to be precise). It was meant to be our sort of Chinese New Year dinner. It was fun chatting over dinner. Don't get much chances to recently.

Looks like John Howard reshuffled his Cabinet again. It is rather interesting to find that the former Education Minister was given the portfolio for Defense. Interesting change. Let's see how he handles the safety of the country from threats. It's a much greater responsibility than dodging a couple of student protests. The new Education Minister is interesting as well. I don't really know her to be honest. Not sure whether it is a change for the better or worse. But then again, she's still a Liberal. It doesn't matter what she thinks. Look what happened with VSU.

I've got about 2 weeks before I leave for Adelaide again. Looks like nothing very interesting will be happening in the time preceding my departure. Yet, I don't really feel like I'm missing anything. I don't really feel that I could have done more here. In fact, I'm sort of looking forward to going back. For one thing I'm sick and tired of reading about the rubbish going on in this country in the papers each day. It sickens me to the core. I'm not much in the mood to rant about the shortcomings of this government. I've done more than enough over dinner. Besides, some of my comments may be deemed as rather racial and while I don't really care what people think, the truth is that I have no idea who reads this blog and thus need to watch my words. Don't want to get locked up before I leave the country now do I?

Oh well, time to hit the sack. If anyone has anything of interest to discuss feel free to post something in that chat box on the side or reply to this post. You can even ask my opinion on something. Anything. I don't mind. I've got all the time in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home