Friday, February 03, 2006

I'll be back...

Well, my flight back to Adelaide will be in about 6 and a half hours. It's been fun, though not as productive as it could have been. Leaving the country itself isn't hard. It's just leaving the family behind. Still, I daresay my mum feels it more than I do. I can't imagine how it feels to see your son who's been with you for more than 20 years leave and not know when he will come back.

Despite my disdain for this country, I will have to return sometime or other. If not for myself then at least for my family. If my family migrated to Australia then I wouldn't have to ever come back. Maybe to buy cheap things. But that would be the main reason. Can't imagine many others.

Hope the flight is smooth. I hate these long 7 hour flights. It just saps the energy out of me and I get frustrated when I can't sleep. I just found out from my parents that I could ask for stuff like Bacardi and coke. I used to just take some beer and wine. I've been missing all the good stuff!

The weather is sure to be hot as hell. From what I read in the news, the temperature was so hot a couple of weeks ago that the new trams had to be shut down. My room is going to be like a microwave oven.

I'm guessing I'll have a lot of coursemates on the flight; seeing that classes start on Monday. I'll ask for an aisle seat so my loose bladder doesn't have to bother the person beside me every time I take a trip to the loo. I don't really care for the movies but it's a good way to pass the time since I doubt I'll be able to sleep.

Anyways, by tomorrow morning I'll be back in Adelaide. Goodbye beloved family! Goodbye detestable country! I'll miss the former but not the latter. Wish me a safe flight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home