All things new...
Ok, so I stole the album title of one of my favourite Christian singers. Still it's apt to fit my circumstances. My flight from Kuala Lumpur to Adelaide was a smooth one. Everything went smoothly. I took a whiskey and coke (the whiskey identified by my tastebuds was Johnny Walker Black Label) and coke for starters and had another on the rocks during dinner. I thought it would help me get to sleep. I did feel drowsy halfway through the movie "The Brothers Grimm" but after it finished I just couldn't get to sleep. Not uncommon on long flights for me. Anyways, I reached the terminal and had nothing to declare to customs. Yet, after the x-ray they had to open up the box I so nicely sealed. It seems the machine gave a false alarm mistaking my contact lens solutions for food. Having the strings binding my box removed, I had to juggle carrying the box under one arm, having a laptop and my hand carry slung on each shoulder and lugging a large suitcase. Fortunately I managed to take a cab back with one of my friends thus saving us both the full taxi fare.
Somehow, when I entered my room things looked different. I'm not sure why. I've just been gone for about a month and a half. My dad told me I had to clean my fridge after finding out that I turned it off before I left but I just brushed it aside. Yup, you guessed it. The fridge stank like hell when I opened it and there was clearly some mold in certain areas. Enough to make you puke on the spot. So what I did, there and then I decided I'd go on a cleaning spree. First things first I unpacked and kept EVERYTHING! I never do that! I usually leave my luggage in the corner for days. This time I kept everything and dumped the box. All this I did while reformatting this laptop of mine. Then I went out and bought some lunch along with disinfectant and some water. I came back and scrubbed the fridge clean till you couldn't imagine how bad it was before. A job I'm quite proud of if I must say so myself! I wanted to clean the toilet as well but just didn't have the strength to get things going. Leave it for tomorrow.
I've finally finished installing programs and updating my comp. Everythings working real smoothly now. Went for dinner with some friends just now but towards the end of it I was struggling to keep my eyes open. After all, I haven't slept since Thursday night! I'll be off to bed not too long from now. Just typing this out while waiting for my food to digest. So what's new you ask? Well I guess some part of it relates to my laptop and my cleaning of the apartment till things look new. The other part probably those who are observant may realise!
Somehow, when I entered my room things looked different. I'm not sure why. I've just been gone for about a month and a half. My dad told me I had to clean my fridge after finding out that I turned it off before I left but I just brushed it aside. Yup, you guessed it. The fridge stank like hell when I opened it and there was clearly some mold in certain areas. Enough to make you puke on the spot. So what I did, there and then I decided I'd go on a cleaning spree. First things first I unpacked and kept EVERYTHING! I never do that! I usually leave my luggage in the corner for days. This time I kept everything and dumped the box. All this I did while reformatting this laptop of mine. Then I went out and bought some lunch along with disinfectant and some water. I came back and scrubbed the fridge clean till you couldn't imagine how bad it was before. A job I'm quite proud of if I must say so myself! I wanted to clean the toilet as well but just didn't have the strength to get things going. Leave it for tomorrow.
I've finally finished installing programs and updating my comp. Everythings working real smoothly now. Went for dinner with some friends just now but towards the end of it I was struggling to keep my eyes open. After all, I haven't slept since Thursday night! I'll be off to bed not too long from now. Just typing this out while waiting for my food to digest. So what's new you ask? Well I guess some part of it relates to my laptop and my cleaning of the apartment till things look new. The other part probably those who are observant may realise!








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home